Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ringleader of the Tormentors



The new Morrissey album is fantastic. I have a little bit of downtime right now, and I'm listening to it. "Ringleader of the Tormentors" is good, rainy-day, pissed off music. The Moz is always good for a quick pick-me-up. Feelin' depressed? Nah, you're a ray of sunshine compared to Morrissey. I think there's a certain healing factor about his music. Kinda like Jerry Springer. You think YOU have problems, just wait and see what's going on over here...

I think it's funny both the CIA and MI6 have a file on him. Like he's going to kill anybody? Please, the guy's clearly a fruit. Besides, he's too depressed to pick up a gun.

Favorite Moz Moment: "You Have Killed Me" because he's just so freakin' pathetic. The guy's heart is superglued to his bloody sleeves (plus come on, who doesn't like a song that's also a list of Italian Film directors?). And then there's "I Will See You In Far Off Places" which many contend is addressed to Osama Bin Laden (the jury is still out for me...just because someone makes a Middle Eastern record doesn't mean they're talking to the world's #1 terrorist). Whoever he's singing to, the Moz man plans on seeing them in hell. Also, "The Youngest Was the Most Loved" because I'm the oldest and I like the chorus 'there is no such life in life as normal.' But my new favorite has to be "To Me You Are a Work of Art" which goes:

I live a life
I feel the pain
To sing this song
To tell the tale
I wish I never even heard the song
I see the world
It makes me puke
But then I look at you and know
That somewhere there’s a someone who can soothe me

To me you are a work of art
And I would give you my heart
That’s if I had one

I see the world
It makes me puke
But then I look at you and know
That somewhere there’s a someone who can soothe me

To me you are a work of art
And I would give you my heart
That’s if I had one, had one

To me you are a work of art
And I would give you my heart
That’s if I had one



If this guy wasn't so rich, I'd be half tempted to fly to London and help him get laid...cos I'm pretty sure that's all this guy needs. Then again, why would I want to do that? Ending his misery would probably ruin his career (well worse than the job of that he's doing by himself).

No comments: