Monday, February 26, 2007

Finally some justice for THE DEPARTED

Well I woke up and what do I see on my internet? That my favorite movie of 2006 won the Oscar for Best Picture. Not only that, but Martin Scorsese finally got his Best Director Award. I usually don't give a shit about the Academy Awards, and this year was no different...however I hate it when a films that are clearly lacking in artistic and entertainment value win over better pictures. It wasn't always this way...when I was younger I would sit up late and actually watch the whole thing...now I don't even bother tunning in. I'm not sure what happened, except that mabye as I got older my bullshit detector got better.

Anyway, screw what Hollywood says, THE DEPARTED is the best film of 2006...go out and rent it if you haven't already seen it. Hell, if you're in the St. Louis area I'll let you borrow my personal copy.

No comments: