Friday, December 19, 2008

"Holiday Bush"

Me and Leah are a zany, mix-matched couple. And as such, we can't agree on ANYTHING!!!

*Old-School Laugh-track*

Case in point: This Sunday is Chaunnakhahahas (which Leah celebrates). And I was born in a Hallmark Home, so I've always had Christmas trees (and Kwanzaa candles). What are we to do? She's a Jew, and I'm a Jason-ite.

The answer is compromise my friends. Behold! The Holiday Bush!!!









Yes folks, snowmen are holiday-neutral...and it may be hard to tell, but that's a Wookie warrior at the top.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks like a tree to me... In my previous life which ended 5 months ago. I guess that's what they mean by born-again. Anyway, I would make a star of david out of a wire hanger and foil and stick that on top of a pine tree. This year I have a new holiday I'm apart of. ACGP Day. What? You've never heard of it? I thought everyone knew about Atheist Children Get Presents Day.

Jason said...

As a subscriber of Jason-ism (and ROLLING STONE magazine), I'm down with ACGP--as long as it doesn't detract for the real "reason for the season" and that's to prop-up our floundering economy and make us all depressed.

Brenda said...

I asked him what the colors were for his holiday. Hanukkah (that's how I'm choosing to spell it today) is blue and white. Christmas is red and green. Kwanzaa is red, green and yellow. I once celebrated that one too. I suggested blue and green. It's earthy. I'm still trying to figure out the specifics. I suspect they are created on the fly. He insists its a real day. Hell, I'll celebrate anything. As a general rule, I don't discriminate against parties or presents.

Anonymous said...

Uh, I always thought trees in the house were a remnant of paganism...but I don't know if silver foil ones count. :)

Lrgblueeyes said...

I say atheists should buck the system and choose colors completely their own: Purple and Orange would work