Saturday, March 21, 2009

GOOGLE Earth

I know I'm late to the party, but GOOGLE Earth is fucking amazing. I was bored last night, and I decided to finally download it. I'd tried to use it at work, but as the computers I use there are from the (first) Clinton Administration, I couldn't get it to work. So I gave up. Then something strange happened in my brain (as it often does) and I decided to try it out on my laptop.

It's great. A fantastic tool. I feel like I could plan a road trip or a coup with this thing. It's like GOOGLE Maps (which I use everyday at work to coordinate the company trucks, as well as look up phone numbers) but better. Everything about it is better. From the multiple views/angles to the "whizz-rush" of flying over the globe. It's an amazing technology--one that makes the Earth seem smaller:

Last night I looked at my parents house, the Eiffel Tower, and the roof-tops in Baghdad. All of them were only a click away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh, now I'll have to try it and I'm already swamped for the next 7 weeks.

Jason said...

Greatest time-suck (this week). Seriously, download it. I spent the morning marking all the airports I've been to (and marking concert venues I've been to).

It's cool.

Jason said...

Oh, and I figured out you can explore the surface of Mars, under the ocean, and the night sky.