Sunday, June 22, 2008

Birthday in KC

Well it's Sunday...and I'm in Kansas City celebrating my birthday (a little early, I was actually born on the 23). It kinda sucks because I'm sick (summer cold). I hate summer colds. It never fails, whenever I'm about to travel/have fun in the summer I get a cold, and no one can figure out how I got it.

Anyway, yesterday while Leah and my sisters were picking out dresses for the wedding, I went downtown with my daddy. My dad has a really good job, with a big-time local company (world famous...you'd know it if I told you...sounds like "Mallfark Lards") BUT: this is 2008, and he has a second part-time job checking the parking lots down on The Plaza (rich, snooty place downtown KC). I've been hearing about this job for the past few months...and was interested in seeing what my old man did. So we headed downtown.

Parking was a bitch, and we ended up having to park in front of my old employer (which sucked):





Our first stop was the new Power and Light District, a new flashy bar/restaurant area they installed in the urban wasteland that is downtown KC. Across the street was the new Sprint Center--which was actually really impressive (lots of glass and flashy lights, me likey). Then we headed over to the Plaza where my Dad borrowed his companies golf cart to show me around. It was crazy fun.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is the old fart??? in the hybrid car/?

Jason said...

I think you should explain to the people why in some pictures you have sleeves, and in others you don't...

Anonymous said...

Your dad is cool.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, man.

Boy, I don't miss our old employer.

Respects,
Murph

Jason said...

My dad IS cool. But, unfortunately for me...I take after my mom...