Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Just Checking In

It's Tuesday. Yay.

So what have I been up to? Well this past weekend I got a little sun--me and Leah went to the Zoo. It was a nice (though hot) day. We got plenty of exercise walking through Forest Park (long walk back to the car). Leah cooked an excellent fish dish (some sort of lime-halibut I think) and I rented a couple of classic comedies (BEVERLY HILLS COP and THE BIG LEBOWSKI). I'm not sure why I needed to rent this movies, but I did (sometimes these things just sort of come to me). I'd seen both, of course, but no in ages. Have you seen THE BIG LEBOWSKI? It's amazing!

And that, folks, brings me to this weeks agenda. I'm working on two projects. The first: I'm writing a new short story (with the delightfully short name) "Not Everything Has a Beautiful Beginning." So far, so good (today is day #2 and I'm pleased with it's progress). My second little project is to watch THE BIG LEBOWSKI every night this week. Thus far I've see it three times (Sunday, Monday, and now Tuesday). Three days left (wish me luck).

Work sucks. Most of my co-workers are running on a (literal) fourth-grade education. So we're not discussing Chaucer on our coffee breaks (just fucking and drugs--you know, fourth-grade stuff). My boss (in-law) tells me he's going out of town tomorrow night--effectively leaving me in charge for two days. I can't tell you how thrilled I am.

By the way...I'm not the only one who's obsessed.

4 comments:

Jimu said...

Shomer shabbos!!

Jason said...

Shomer shabbos!!!

Anonymous said...

This is the dude, leave a message after the dude....dude.

Jason said...

HOLY CRAP! Amber you've seen this movie?

That rules. I was going to make you watch it when I came home for my birthday...but never mind.

Well played, Amber...well played.