Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Still writing...

Have you ever witnessed something in public, something bad...and done nothing? I have. I've seen people treat their children too roughly, I've seen people drinking booze while driving, I've seen people steal--and done nothing.

Have you ever seen someone do something wrong/bad and wondered what your life would be like if you stood up and did the right thing? That's one of many themes I'm touching on in "Not Everything Has a Beautiful Beginning."

I wrote the bulk of it today. It's not very long/complicated...but it's both important and difficult because I'm "getting back on the horse." It's hard to believe but this is some of the first writing I've done since NaNoWriMo ended back in November.

Oh, and please don't ask about the book--I'll get to it one day. I just felt the intense desire to start and FINISH something. I was supposed to write a little 3 page story and say: "there, you've done it. You can finish what you start," but you know how these things go...they get a life of their own. It'll probably end up 20 pages or so.

And so it goes.

I'll edit it and post it up on my other blog (yes, I'll let you know). I have no qualms about doing this (copyrights be damned) because if I don't no one will ever read it. And I'm sick of that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the link to the writing blog?

Jason said...

Not sure how it got yanked...but I'll put it up as soon as I get the new story up.