Thursday, May 18, 2006

Jason Update--SUMMER TIME/NEW JOB/VACATION

Well, I got my grades today...I did pretty good (2 A's, 2 B's). Could have been better, could have been worse. On the job front, I'm back at Uni-Guard. Security work sucks, but the pay is awesome! You can't beat $10.00 an hour, and all you need is a High School diploma. Why did I even bother to get the Associates? Or the Bachelor I'm working on? I can just guard shit until I'm dead!

Anyway, I moved back home about a week ago. KC sucks compared to St. Louis. Me and my girlfriend have been hanging out. I'm tired because all this week I've been running around downtown, getting my job back. Meetings, fees, licensing, etc. I'm happy about the hours, I'm working 7AM to 3PM. So I don't have to live like a zombie/vampire like I did 9 months ago when I worked the graveyard shift. That's really good. The bad news is, day shift sucks because there are people crawling all over the place, constantly watching over you. Your boss, your bosses boss...the client is always sticking their noses up your ass. Security work is bad (like intelligence work) because people never hear about the successes....only the failures. Maybe someone is going to break into a parked car, but they see you and bail at the last minute. Crisis over, never happened. But, let's say, you a crying...pregant woman comes up to you and begs to see her husband...you call him down from his office and she shoots him. oops, you fucked up.

I hate it beacuse you have to constantly suspect everyone of everything. I hate that, I try to be positive about people. I try to give people the benifit of the doubt.

TOMORROW-my family (minus one of my sisters) is going on a little vacation to Nashiville, to see a relative graduate from High School. Long car ride with my girlfriend and my family=trouble (I'm sure). I hope everything goes alright. I'm sure something will go wrong, because that's just the way it is. oops, positive...stay positive...I can't believe my cousin is old enough to be a High School Grad. That just blows my mind.

Speaking of my trip, I have to go try on my work pants...and then I have to go and pack a bag...so I'm going to have to stop writing now. I'll probably not write on here for another week or so...after being idle for months, my life is suddenly picking up speed (like a runaway freight train). So, in case I don't see you--good afternoon, goodevening, and goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»