Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thus Ends Another Chapter (This Place is Empty)

Well I finished my first year at a University today. I'm not going to waste time/energy saying what I've already said...that it was better than I thought it would be...that I did a bunch of stuff...that time goes so damn fast (it does). I'm broke, my car is broke, I'm worried my old job may not want me back...that my next semester here is going to suck (Spanish II=crap). Part of me wants to go, part of me wants to stay. Today is my last full day in St. Louis...probably for 3 months.

My room still needs a lot of work...tonight I'm staying up late packing and cleaning. But already, this place is empty. It sounds like most of the people are leaving tonight/today. I'm going to be one of the last people to leave (as usual). But what the hell, I'm paying to be here until tomorrow at noon, so why not stay?

I can already tell that these past nine months were really sweet/good times...and that someday (like today) I'll look back on them and envy myself. I had it really good. I hope the good times keep rolling on, but I know that's impossible. The hammer has to drop sometime. I'm trying to be optimistic about the summer. I never thought a time would come when I'd dread summer. Weird, huh? That's part of getting older. Like Christmas and my birthday, summer has lost it's magic. It's just another day, another dollar. Crap...I am trying to be optimistic...right?

Later St. Louis, see you in August.

No comments: