Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Movies

Well tonight I'm going with my girlfriend (and some of MY friends) to see a sneak preview of Mission Impossible 3. I'm pretty excited, I haven't gone to a movie in a long time. I wouldn't PAY to see this movie, because Cruise has turned into a crazy, freak (and I don't want to encourage that) but the tickets are FREE! We get to take a little car trip, because the theater doing the special showing is in another city. Another reason I'm excited is because they're showing it on one of the BIG BIG screens. Yeah!

I can't wait for Da Vinci code to come out later this month, too. That should be pretty good (see previous post). In other strange movie news, my Dad and little sister recently got into the Lord of The Rings series. Which, I think is really cool. I tried a couple of times to try and get my Dad to watch it...but they are really long and I guess it intimidated him. Plus, they are really geeky. But I like them not for the wizards and dragons, but the message the films have. Post 9/11 I found the films comforting, with their message of "no one wants to live in dark times...do the best you can to fight evil...and that even the smallest person can make a difference." I didn't agree with the Oscar the last one got (for Best Picture)...I think they gave it out because they felt bad for pretty much ignoring the series up until that point. They knew they the last one was the final time they could recognize the films. I personally think the first one is the best. But that's just my opinion. My biggest complaint with those movies is that they never really end on a "to be continued" type note. The first two both end very optimistically, and that really let me down. I like The Empire Strikes Back because it ends so badly for the good guys. You really want to pop in Return of the Jedi just so you know everything is going to be okay. Is Han Solo dead? Is Darth really Lukes Daddy? When I saw Fellowship of the Ring they showed a trailer for The Two Towers right after the movie...you saw Gandalf fighting and talking! You knew he wasn't dead!!! Sure, I mean, I knew he wasn't dead too (after all, I had read the book) but it was still a bit of a let down...that there wasn't a let down. I'm weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»