Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Legends of Rock Demo

Well it's nearly here, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock comes out this Sunday. I had a plan on how I was going to snag the game. It involved me going to the store, and using my last $100 from Uni-Guard (uniforms) to buy it...

But, things change. The more responsible part of my brain took over. I'm nearly out of school. I just got HALO 3 (which is only now starting to loosen it's strangle-hold on my time). Next month I'm planning to write my first novel. It was that last one that finally convinced me to put my money to other things (namely Leah's birthday party, which is this weekend).

So today, I took the last of my Uni-Guard blood-money, and deposited it into my bank account. Then I went to the grocery store and bought stuff for Leah's B-day. She wanted something called "red velvet cake." Only Leah would want something that strange (and girly). On the way out, I stopped by the magazine stand, and what did my eyes behold!!! The latest issue of XBOX: The Official Magazine!!! Tucked inside the wrapper was a demo disc for many games...including Guitar Hero 3!!! I was excited. So, despite costing $10, I bought the magazine and went home.

Though the game comes with a new, wireless controller, I was able to use the GH2 controller. I put the disc in...and played 5 new songs:

1. "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar
2. "Even Flow" by Pearl Jam
3. "Lay Down" by Priestess
4. "Rock You Like A Hurricane" by The Scorpions
5. "The Metal" by Tenacious D

All the songs rocked! The over interface has changed (new developer on the project). Gone are the cartoon-like characters and setting...everything now also seems to have a glossy, metal look to it (appropriate). I'm a little peeved that so much of the game now seems to be (from what I've read) geared towards multi-player (no one wants to play with me...I'm too good for my friends/Leah, and the XBOX Live People will eat me for breakfast). Overall, though, this demo made me want the game even more!!!

But, as I said...I must be responsible. I'm going to ask for the game in December (the time of gifts). Plus, I just have too much on my plate right now for a game that's going to make me want to skip class and shirk my writing duties.

Yikes...when did I get so damn responsible(?).

No comments: