Wednesday, October 31, 2007

November 1 (novel writin' time)

Well it's nearly here! Tomorrow is November 1rst. I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. It seems like only yesterday I was in the bookstore with Leah...back then (a week ago, maybe?) it all seemed so easy. Boy, what a laugh!!!

I got an email from the NaNoWriMo people today...they were just reminding me not to start until 12:01 tonight (ha!). They also reminded me that I have to write 1667 words a day starting tomorrow to meet the 50,000 word deadline.

Sitting in Art History today (after I drew that impressive demon/devil thingy), I got to thinking about my novel. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to take the story in my head and make it go 50,000 words. There is only one thing that is going to save me: subplots. I'm going to need at least two to make it to the goal. I came up with 7 possible subplots, so depending on the way things develop I should be able to eventually pick two or so from the list.

Wish me luck tomorrow. I should have my word-count updated by 11:30pm tomorrow night (in case anyone out there wanted to follow my progress).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how is the writing coming along?

Jason said...

It's going good. I know a lot of people might think it's a crazy pursuit, but I really going to do it.