Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Family of Bad Students

So earlier this morning me and Leah took Rusty to his second obedience class at PETSMART. Rusty wasn't as good this time as he was last week. We messed up because we didn't get there very early like last time and he had trouble focusing on the lessons because he was in sensory overload. I never know what to do, so I just try to stay out of the way...but this time I couldn't help but laugh at Rusty's progress (or lack thereof).

The instructor is kind of a duchebag. At time's he seems like a caring, patient soul...then other times he snaps or using (what I consider) unnecessary force. I'm no expert, so I just go along with it (to a point...he better not use the water bottle on Rusty). Anyway, I wasn't very helpful today because I kept doing what I do best...sitting in the back giggling to myself. I can't help it the world is a joke and only I know the punchline.

So my "punishment" for next week is that I'm to take the lead at the next class. Our regular teacher is on vacation and we'll have some other person. So maybe that'll help (and cut me a break). Rusty is a good dog, his main problem is that he needs to get out of the house more. This is a problem for every dog my family has ever owned too. We're busy, so they don't get to go out into the world and meet strange people/dogs. The poor bugger just wants to interact with other dogs and people...not sit in a plastic room and learn to heel.

So, this week we're going to try to get Mr. Rusty out of the house a bit more. I want to take him up to PETSMART at least one time prior to our Saturday morning lesson.

Doggie homework.

1 comment:

Lrgblueeyes said...

:) I love you, lol could rusty's bad behavior in public be compaired to yours, are you not having enough exposure to people and places. j/k. :)