Thursday, October 19, 2006

If it makes you happy...

...then why the hell are you so sad?

I hate Sheryl Crow. Yikes is she bad (think about it...all her songs are basically her saying the hook over and over...and over and over). "Everyday Is A Winding Road" is not only the title of the song...it's pretty much all she ever sings.

That said, I can't help but see some wisdom in her simplicity. Like her song "If It Makes You Happy." I have a friend who is suffering right now, and I think this song would do him some good. I have another friend in a similar situation. I know things aren't always 24/7 great and wonderful (believe me I know) but if you are in a shitty situation AND YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT for fucksake...do something about it.

But that's easier said than done. I know my friends are just going to have to work their stuff out on their own....still it doesn't make it any easier for me. It's downright painful to see someone going through the EXACT SAME SHIT you went through a year or two ago and not be able to do a damn thing about it. I guess people do need these sort of "growing" and/or "learning" experiences. They help build character, or something like that.

In other news...

I am still sick, but doing better. I went to the gym yesterday and today and I think that's really helped me on the road to Wellsville. I think I did okay on the oral Spanish mid-term and I think I flunked the written (worth more points) part. Oh well. I got a C on my last Grammar test and found out today that *surprise* I have another one on Tuesday...YAY! Just want I wanted...Another ulcer. Fantastic.

Tonight I'm going to Leah's for some home cookin' and Rusty lovin' (by that I mean he'll lick the crap out of my hands and crotch). Tomorrow I'm going to study, clean my room, do laundry, and see "The Prestige" with my bud Jamie. I'm depressed that (as usual) I am about to be dirt ass poor and my meal plan is dangerously low (that's what ya get for buying other people food). On the positive this will no doubt, help me on my diet. Prior to getting sick me and Leah decided to go on a diet. As you can imagine, getting sick has really helped me stick to it. No candy, soda, or any of that crap. We're also trying to do the whole "Special K" thing (2 meals a day of ceral then one normal meal for dinner). So far I'm able to have one big bowl of ceral and one regular meal. That was today...every other day since Sunday as been cereal, fruit and nut mix, and banana bomb pops (for my throat). No soda, just milk, water, and orange juice (for my cold).

Tomorrow is my second "Friday Video Blog" and I'm not looking forward to it. Mainly becuase on Sunday I go the idea to dramatically cut my hair...clearly I was sick mentally before I was sick physically. I look stupid with short hair, my head is a weird shape and it's fat. I have a fat fucking head. Ugh. The only good thing about it is, I did need a hair cut and one this short will provide me with pleanty of time before I need another one. So that's good. Way to stretch the budget Jason. Thanks. So look for that tomorrow.

No comments: