Monday, October 30, 2006

A Real Danger?

St. Louis has been ranked the most dangerous city in the country. Apparently violent crime is up 20% since 2004. This is sad and a little surprising (to me at least). I admit I don't get out as much as I should, but when I do I don't feel unsafe. Then again I tend to stick to certain areas of the city...

The list of "Most Dangerous Cities" was compiled by Morgan Quitno Press (who publish travel guides).The article I read about this didn't distinguish if they included East St. Louis (which is not in Missouri) in this study. East St. Louis is basically the worst place on Earth (so I hear) I've never been. The article says that crimes weren't just counted, they were weighed. The more violent a crime, the more weight it was given...and that's how St. Louis ended up on the top of the list.

So, St. Louis won the World Series and is the most dangerous city in the United States. Damn.

You can find the article here:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/30/D8L2OHKO0.html

3 comments:

Lrgblueeyes said...

your cute its East St. Louis

Anonymous said...

I really hate hearing that you live in the most dangerous city in the country!!!

Jason said...

Oops! I fixed it!