Thursday, October 26, 2006

What a Strange Day I've Had

Today has been a really strange day. I got up, went over to the other side of Campus and met my friend Jamie in the cafeteria. We talked a bit and then we went to the gym. So far not too strange. We went and worked out, came back to my dorm and talked. The phone rings, I pick it up. It's my sister telling me I have some money coming to me. Yes! Turns out my summer employer owes me one last check. Great! I'm totally excited about getting some money (being dead broke and all).

Last night the World Series game got rained out here in St. Louis. I imagine it'll get rained out again tonight. What will this mean for my sister who is coming into town on Saturday? Only time will tell. Do they keep delaying these games forever, or will they just give up and go back to Detroit? I can't imagine them doing that...then again, these games need to be played. Can't wait to see how that one works itself out (I hope she's able to get a hotel room...and at a somewhat decent price).

I'm worried that Leah's birthday on Sunday won't be very good. I'm trying (sorta) to get something together for her, but it's difficult because 1. she won't give me any imput as to what she wants and 2. I have no fucking money. I basically ruined her birthday last year, and I'm trying to avoid doing that yet again.

The strangest thing I did today was film my weekly Friday Video blog (this will be week #3). I decided to plan something out a little...do something other than just stare at the camera and talk about my week. This week's I promise, will be different. Did it turn out as well as I'd planned? No. Is it as great as what me and Jamie discussed earlier today? No. I'm one man with a simple digital camera. I have no special effects department. It sucks. But I watched it, and I was moderately entertained. You will be too.

No comments: