Wednesday, April 16, 2008

FITness

So this is week two of me trying to get into shape. I guess it's because it's getting nice outside...anyway everyday this week (and last) I've been taking a walk before work (one day it rained and I got all week, it was kinda fun). Then I go to work and do my thing, then I hit the gym.

NOW, I have two options here: I can work out downstairs in the Fitness center (at UMSL). I did this twice last week...and it was alright...but, to be honest it's a little creepy up there. All the lights off/no one up there. Leah doesn't like that because then I get home even later than usual.

SO, this week we're using the apartment's gym (which is only 30 seconds away). Thus far: I feel pretty good, but it's annoying how much time I use up on this fitness crap. 40 minutes walking, 30 minutes on the bike at the gym...that's like 6 hours a week!!! I could be...sleeping, or something...

Someone needs to come up with a way to work out sleeping. That's about all that's going on. I got paid today (wow $500, thank you). Oh, I found out that I don't have/get to work on Saturday (the gym is going to be closed). So that means I get a 3-day WEEKEND. I've been toying with going to KC to see my folks, but Leah reminded me that this weekend is Passover (what the hell is that? No bread, that's all I know...no bread). I was supposed to go out with my friends Katie and Paul tomorrow night, but that's not happening...so basically this weekend is going to suck. I guess I'll work out.

5 comments:

Jimu said...

while I can't create a "workout while sleeping" machine... someone did make a "workout while playing the wii machine"...

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2008/04/02/the-great-experiment-wii-fit-%E2%80%93-final-report-or-how-i-lost-10-pounds-in-7-weeks-by-playing-video-games/

Jason said...

Before I click this link, is it Wii Fit?? Leah wants that BADLY, when it comes out next month...

Apparently there's some kind of balance-board (That they're going to use later for a surfing game).

Oh, I forgot to mention it in my post but I play with my 20lbs weight...TEE-HEE.

Jason said...

Okay, I checked it out...

First off, that might be legit, but look at that guy's "Before" and "After" pics. He's all slouchy in the "before" and straight-backed in the "After."

Still, I did play Wii Sports last night. I've got a 3-day weekend this weekend...what are you doing? Do Super-Jews get to have fun on Passover? What the fuck is Passover? Don't send me the Wiki link, just sum it up in like a paragraph.

Leah tried to tell me, but she opened her explanation with "We (as a people) were almost killed..." and my brain just shut down. Actually, I'm thinking about doing a video for Passover (even though I have no idea what it is):

"Leah and Jason's ROCKIN' Passover"

That maybe be coming soon (if Leah is down...)

Jimu said...

basically it is the celebration of the Jews being able to flee the Egyptians. but bemoans the fact that we didn't have enough time to prepare well enough to make good bread.
(hence matzo)

in other news:

Davu found this and I thought since you were so interested in music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SaFTm2bcac

its about a 6 second bit of music that has changed the world of music.

Jason said...

Sweet. Thank you for the info. As for David's link, I can't watch it here at work (stupid school computers have no volume without headphones) but I'll check it out tonight when I get home.