Saturday, September 27, 2008

R.I.P Paul Newman


Australian pop-rock band Dogs Die in Hot Cars have an awesome song called "Paul Newman's Eyes" in which the singer wails: "I wish I had Paul Newman's eyes/and everyday came as a surprise/That would be nice."

I never wanted Paul Newman's ice-blue eyes, until my High School Psychology teacher showed us COOL HAND LUKE (for some strange reason). That movie blew me away. Another one of my favorite flicks of all time is the western BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID. I rented that one on a lark--if you've never seen it...go to Blockbuster and rent both! You will not be dissapointed.

Paul retired a few years back from acting, but he was still making movies until recently. The last good movie I saw him in was 2002's ROAD TO PERDITION (which my mother read, Mom--did you ever see the movie? It's not half-bad).

Anyway, Paul's in heaven now--cut down at 83 (a rip old age) by the "Big-C."

Leah's never seen COOL HAND LUKE, so I think tonight I'm going to hold her down and make her watch it.

No comments: