Monday, September 18, 2006

More Cool stuff from (someone's) childhood

I have two major exams tomorrow (yikes!) but I had to take an hour and clean up my dorm, because I can not study in filth. Anyway, while I was washing my dishes and putting my trash in the can and clothes in the hamper,I listened to Little Steven's Underground Garage . This week's show is all about Rocky and Bullwinkle. I forgot all about R&B (as we say in the cartoon industry) until I heard this show. Funny, funny, stuff. I really liked the total and complete obsurdity of a moose and flying squirrel (not just a regular one...a flying squirrel) being pals. The humor was really sharp, and as Little Steven suggested in the show, it was the God-Father of modern animated shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy.

So here's to you Rocky! And Bullwinkle!

No comments: