Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

So the dinner is over. Leah and my Mom and sister are playing Scrabble. I just finished my second book,Ender's Game. I ate a lot and my Great Uncle David came over and gave me a ring that belonged to his grandfather...I'm going to use it as my wedding ring. Yeah...today was a nice, fuzzy day. I'm totally wasting my time out here in KC. I haven't done shit since I got out here. This has been a nice little break, but soon it will be time to go home.

But one question remains...what am I thankful for?

I'm thankful for my health and my family (and their health). I'm thankful for my friends (yes, I have a few) and I'm thankful that I've been given the ability to go off and live in another city an attend college. I'm thankful that I have a car that works. I'm thankful that I was born in the time I was born in and that I was born an American. I'm thankful that I have a woman like Leah in my life. Someone that puts up with me, but doesn't let me walk all over her. Someone who wants me to succeed and be happy. I'm thankful for books and music. I'm thankful for movies and concerts. I'm thankful that I have hair. I'm thankful that comic books exists and video games too. Life is but a dream...and all that.

Despite the stress and pain of life, their are wonderful pleasures in this thing called life. We all should be thankful for each and every one we get to experiance daily...no matter how small it may be. The smile of a child, a good book, the warmth of a fire (or a furry friend), whipped cream, ice cubes, UNO, and love.

I'm thankful that circumstances have allowed me to be here, writing this message to any and all of you who might see and read this. I hope everyone had a great/relaxing/family oriented day of feasting and reflection. It's easy for us to lose sight of what really matters, holidays like today help to remind us of what is really important.

No comments: