Sunday, November 19, 2006

Kansas City UPDATE

Greetings friends! Well me and Leah are finally settled here in KC. Last night we had dinner with my parents and my sister's boyfriend came over. We had a little movie night. We watched the new Wallace and Grommit (not that new...but I hadn't gotten around to seeing it) and CLICK with Adam Sandler. Wallace and Grommit was good, CLICK was just OK.

Today we got up and went downtown to the Jerusalem Cafe and had luch with Becky and her guy pal Johnny. It was fun. Then me and Leah went to the mall and wandered around. We went into GameStop and saw the Wii display model. Leah is very sad that she didn't get one. I feel bad that I'm not able to buy her one. I thought about buying her a cheaper engagement ring just so I could have money left over for presents. This is the first year since 1999 that I won't have any money to buy anyone, anything. I don't even have room on my credit card (ouch right?). Well anyway, I'll just have to think of something.

I'm worried about my friend Jaimie. I hope he has a good Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if it was/is a big deal...but where I come from Thanksgiving is. I couldn't imagine the holidays without a cohesive family unit. I admire him, and everyone else who trys to hold everything and everyone together. I'm not sure I could. I think that's why I'm going to have to have kids. Kids seem to renew meaning to a lot of things. I know that when my sister Lindsey was born things became new again. Not because I was experiancing anything new...but she was and her wonder and joy was contagious.

1 comment:

Jimu said...

wow you admire me? Thanks, I feel honored.