Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snowfall UPDATE #3

Okay, so at 10:47 the ice started coming down here at the campus. Earlier reports of ice/slush were for areas north and west of St. Louis. Today before my Spanish II test the ice began. It picked up speed around 1:00 and by 3:00pm today the campus was offically closed. My friend Jaimie tutored me a bit (preping for that stupid math placement test) and we left in his car for my dorms.

Currently Leah is on her way here (despite the fact I told her to stay home) while Jaimie just left to pick up his brother from work...he claims he's going home to pick up some DVD's and then will return. This is pretty much not going to happen (at least...I wouldn't do it...we'll see if he feels the same way). The material falling is hard, sharp, ice. It hurts you as it falls.

Here are two (really crappy) pics of what it looks like outside my dorm...I hope to get some better pictures of the mayhem tomorrow. Enjoy:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason--I've been lurking here. I've left 2 or 3 comments in the past 24 hours. My Wednesday nite workshop was canceled at Longview--you know the one before the portfolio is due when an inch of new material is passed out. Then, classes were canceled today and with more snow falling, 4" and the sky is filled with more to come, I have been working on my blog. You could go check it out at McLowry.blogspot.com

Jason said...

Wow...I figured my readership dropped off over the summer when I got locked out (of my blog). I checked out your blog...your posts are more...literary than mine...all I seem to do is rant and make a arse of myself.