Thursday, November 02, 2006

So much to do(read)...

Well it's a good thing that I like reading...because that's about all I'm doing this weekend. I have to read 2 novels by Monday. Joesph Conrad's Heart of Darkness and John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath. Now before some asshole posts on here that Darkness is only a novella (meaning it's only like a hundred pages) let me ask you: HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO READ IT? Even our teacher says it's dense and slow moving. This isn't a Star Trek novel...this is fucking Heart of Darkness. The Steinbeck book is like 600 pages, but the print is really big on my copy...so it's probably only 400. But again, it's not a real fast paced, entertaining read. So that'll probably be the main focus of my weekend. I'll probably read and take "life" breaks. I hope to read all of the Conrad stuff tonight, actually...we'll see how well that works.

Yesterday I found out that my latest short story was published in the Honor College's literary magazine. Now, normally this would be a good thing...however...the version that got printed could be better. See, like an idiot I got it where I wanted it to be then emailed it for consideration. THEN I gave it to two of my friends (who write too) to read. They both had problems with my use of adverbs and a few other things...they both basically ripped it to shreds. I was going to revise it based on their comments once I finished work on this other story...basically I forgot that I had sent it out. So yeah, I'm upset that I was published. Weird, huh?

Currently I am obsessed with the new Robbie Williams album. As far as guilty pleasures go, Robbie is my biggest. Not that it's really a bad thing, after all the guy is the world's highest paid singer! I tried listening to something else this morning, but I just kept mumbling the lyrics to RUDEBOX. I think I need an intervention.

I really wanted to post some pictures up here...but for some reason E-Blogger goes through these periods where it refuses to let me do that. I hope that by later tonight I can re-post this with some visual aides. I'm about to go and take an oral test in Spanish. I have to go in and just talk to her. I'm going in semi-prepared (which means I started working on this last night). I'm not too worried about it though, in fact I'm glad because it got me out of sitting through class (I go in at 11:50 take my 3 minute exam and then leave). What I am concerned about is the test Tuesday. Which means during my "life" breaks this weekend I'll probably be studying for that. One of the classes I was about to drop I have successfully rebounded (from an F to a B) yay me. Which just goes to show you, forget dropping classes...just try harder (and have some help from your friends).

Okay, I'm nervous...gotta go.

No comments: