Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Minnesota Public Radio (MPR): Song of the Day Podcast


So about a week ago I subscribed to the Minnesota Public Radio Song of the Day Podcast (free on i-Tunes) and I must say that it rocks. I tend to like more indie music (I like it when someone I've watched for a few years make it big...it doesn't happen often but there is no better feeling for an indie music fan). The MPR podcast is exactly what it proclaims itself to be: one song every day. Some of the artists are local, some aren't. So far I've yet to hear a song that I didn't like. My favorite has to be "Long Before Rock and Roll" by Mando Diao. Today's track, "Die,Die,Die" by Dr. Dog is also pretty damn good too. If you're like me, and you've given up on the new i-Tune's "Free Single of the Week," the MPR podcast makes a nice alternative. Get free songs. Hear new music (of many different, random genres)...what more could a music fan ask for?

No comments: