Monday, February 23, 2009

Getting my "Keith Moon" On

Last X-Mas, my baby sister (who as I found out this weekend, ain't much of a baby anymore) got a sweet ass drum set from my parents. Growing up our house was pretty much instrument-free, save for the violin which I tried to play (and failed).

Lindsey, on the other hand, lives in a house with: a piano, guitar, saxophone, violin, and a drum set. She's lazy like I was/am when it comes to practicing, but unlike me she can actually play. Anyway, every time I go home now I get excited because I get to BANG THE HOLY SHIT out of these drums.

To the point where, people have to tell me to stop.

I woke up early on Saturday morning and (still in my jammies) rocked out:

Drummerboy1

Drummerboy2

Man is it fun to hit those things. I had a bunch of stress prior to goofing around on them...and I'll be damned if I was 100% stress-free after banging away for a few minutes. I can see why drummers are so laid-back.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Please note Brenda, I am wearing the shirt you gave me.

Brenda said...

Looks good on you bro! Please note Jason, you too could have a drum set if you had a house.............. : ) Yeah that was totally random and no one put me up to it.

Anonymous said...

They need to invent a Drum Hero game.