Thursday, December 21, 2006

Another Holiday Break Update

It's been a few days since I've written anything...so here goes a quickie. I've been having a pretty good break. I have gotten to do all the things I love: read, write, cook, drive, and play video games. Sad that is all I need to be happy, huh? I played a shit load of Resident Evil 4 today (holly crap is that game getting intense/impossible) as well as the DS game I bought Leah of Hanukkah (it's a cooking game called Cooking Mama). I've been getting up (fairly) early and driving to the library where I hunker down in the quiet area and write. Thus far I've managed to churn out about 27 pages. Not too shabby for three days worth of work.

Me and Amber went shopping. Then me and my mom went shopping. The holidays suck. The stores are packed with people, but not with merchandise. I hate not having any damn money. Oh well. I still need to go and see the new Rocky movie (which has gotten glowing reviews thank you very much).

I also spent parts of today going through my old library, sorting my books into piles of what I want and what I don't want anymore. Me and Leah have been swapping books on this great site (that I've mentioned here before) called PaperbackSwap.com: http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php

You should go and check it out. I just unloaded three textbooks the school wouldn't buy back about 2 semesters ago. Plus I just received a book I need for a class next semester. Go up there, request one of my old John Grisham books...please! A really sweet lady police officer I worked with over the summer told me about it. I miss that job and (some) those people. I miss Ron and the gang in blue. I wonder how they are all doing sometimes. I wonder if my replacement is as well read as I am. Probably not. Part of me dreads going back this summer, and part of me yearns for it. And it's not just the money I yearn for. It's like a cigarette addiction. It's a dull ache deep within you...a itch that feels so good when you scratch it--with a razor blade.

Tomorrow I need to do a video blog. It's probably going to be really fucking boring. Don't watch it! I'll try to think up something fun for you all (all three of you). Well, that's about it. I promise to take some pictures while I have my camera out there will at least be something interesting to look at. In the meantime, Happy Holidays!

No comments: