Saturday, December 02, 2006

My two front teeth...

I found out recently that one of my old instructors has a blog. Snowed in and trapped...I found my self reading it. It's interesting to see. As a student, I forget sometimes that my teachers are real people too. In a classroom, the teacher can seem like a god. Not the God, per say, but a god (like one of the Greek gods--lively and full of human flaws). I haven't hated a teacher in a really, really long time...but reading her blog made me feel bad anyways. I think all students need to remember that teachers, like everyone else have complicated lives...just like you and me.

Anyway, one thing Terri was always good at was prompts. In class she had use do these little exercises that help generate creativity. I saw on her blog that she and her daughter had made a list of 100 things they wanted. So, I decided to do one too.

Things I want:

1. I want to get through school
2. I want to be able to support myself and my soon-to-be wife
3. I want to not worry about money
4. I want a new car for Leah
5. I want to take a (real) vacation
6. I want to pay off my credit card
7. I want to read more
8. I want to write more
9. I want no more war
10. I want a cure for all diseases
11. I want to understand my parents
12. I want my parents to understand me
13. I want Amber to graduate college
14. I want Amber to be happy
15. I want a dinosaur--for a pet
16. I want a house
17. I want a maid (see above)
18. I want to be a writer
19. I want to be a better big brother
20. I want Lindsey to grow up...slower
21. I want a better camera
22. I want to someone to clean up David and Roza's yard
23. I want Leah to go to Grad school
24. I want a little office where I can write
25. I want my friend Jaimie to get laid
26. I want my friend Jaimie to visit Isreal
27. I want Becky and Johnny to get married and live happily ever after
28. I want to visit my grandparents graves
29. I want to have the Wendleton's to get together this X-Mas
30. I want Lindsey to grow up and be the President like she's supposed to
31. I want to stop getting so much gray hair
32. I want a better looking beard
33. I want Leah's family to get along better
34. I want Bush to leave office
35. I want those boys to come home
36. I want China to play fair
37. I want the Rolling Stones to play at my 50th birthday
38. I want Guns N' Roses to get back together
39. I want to pass Math next semester
40. I want to be able to actually speak Spanish
41. I want to be on the Dean's list again
42. I want to win that Wednesday Club contest
43. I want to be on TV again
44. I want to everyone to forget what an asshole I can be
45. I want THE HOBBIT movie to be made...now
46. I want to finish what I start
47. I want someone to solve world hunger
48. I want more music on MTV
49. I want to live a long (but not too long) life
50. I want a better wardrobe
51. I want more friends
52. I want to be more tolerant
53. I want to be funnier
54. I want to be stronger
55. I want to fly an airplane
56. I want my job to matter
57. I want to be middle class
58. I want to understand "The Sound and the Thunder"
59. I want to write a blurb on Spencer's first bookjacket
60. I want to direct a film
61. I want to write a play
62. I want to meet J.D. Salinger
63. I want to meet Charles Dickens (but not for a while)
64. I want to cook a big meal for some homeless people
65. I want Mike to tell me what his deal is
66. I want Paul to put down the reefer
67. I want Melissa to be happy (among other things)
68. I want to play guitar (more than the 12-bar blues)
69. I want to be a better conversationalist
70. I want to meet God
71. I want to shake Clapton's hand (see above)
72. I want to live in a bigger telephone booth
73. I want an adventure in the Congo
74. I want to write for Rolling Stone (even though it's all ads)
75. I want Terri to stop smoking
76. I want my Dad to stop too
77. I want my Mom to feel better
78. I want a bigger room for Lindsey
79. I want Jews and Muslims to get along
80. I want to go camping with my friends
81. I want to walk across America (still)
82. I want to be that guy that can get away with wearig a blazer in class (with jeans)
83. I want an oil painting of myself
84. I want one of those chinese cat/good luck statues
85. I want a Wii
86. I want a big screen TV for my dorm room...one that's as big as the wall
87. I want a better computer
88. I want Leah to have a better computer
89. I want a cell phone again!
90. I want to be able to buy everyone "holiday" presents
91. I want to stop being a burden on my folks
92. I want to leave the dorms
93. I want to move to Wyoming
94. I want to visit Ireland
95. I want a pair of really thick, warm socks
96. I want to apologize to all my ex-girlfriends
97. I want to visit France
98. I want Amber to be a mother
99. I want Leah to be a mother
100. I want to be as good a father as my dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

#75 duly noted