Monday, December 11, 2006

I went the distance...

Today I took my Math placement test today. For the past two weeks I've been training...studying hard with my friend Jaimie. At 4:20 tonight I went to Clark Hall and took my test (Jaimie waited for my outside). I went in...all I needed was a 16 out of 30 to test into Contemporary Math (the last and final math class I need to take). I was worried...I haven't studied math for nearly 3 years. I was scared that I'd test into the super-remedial math. I actually tested into College Algebra! I got a 22 out of 30. Me and Jaimie were super excited because we thought that since I'd "tested out" of Contemporary Math that I wouldn't have to take ANY class. So, we promptly went to the Guidence office where I found out that hell no...I still had to take math. I opted to just take Contemporary Math anyway, because it was easier. Which means that I probably won't have much trouble with my last and final 3 math credits. How sweet it is. I signed up my classes and have a pretty sweet set up next semester...only one early class...two night classes. Yeah.

Anyway, I'm impressed with myself. I did way better than I thought I could on this test. As I've stated previously, most of it is thanks to Jaimie (I bought him and Leah dinner at Cicero's on the Loop to celebrate). At first I was sad that I wasn't going to be able to skip math...but then I thought about it...and really...I'm just happy that I was able to "go the distance" with the test.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I managed to get my BA with one College Algebra class and yet, when it came time to take the GRE my math scores were higher than any other category. I think my high schoool really drilled it into me.