Saturday, August 02, 2008

Pedestrian

Today I woke up and decided to take a little walk.

Leah was at work, so I had nothing better to do. I got dressed...put on my silly hat...and started walking. My initial goal was to walk to Forest Park (from my house), but once I got to the Loop (only took an hour folks) I called Leah and she talked me into walking all the way to her work (she works near Barnes Jewish Hospital).

Basically, all-told I walked 7.7 miles in about 2 and 1/2 hours.

I love walking. It's a "sport" I can really get behind. The first few minutes your brain is still running like normal. But, as you go along...I find myself slowing shutting down mentally. By the end of the first hour, I was in a zen-like trance. I like this because it's very relaxing.


View Larger Map

4 comments:

Jason said...

By the way--not my exact address (not THAT stupid).

Anonymous said...

What time of day was it? It's been so hot and humid here that my glasses steam up in the morning the minute I step outside our door. Good time you made.

Anonymous said...

I've been having the same trouble with my glasses.

I was the oddball in Basic that loved road marches for the reason you describe, Jason. You could zone out and get away for awhile until you got to where ever you were going.

Respects,
Murph

Jason said...

It was SO hot and SO humid. I brought along some water, but of course it wasn't enough and I had to buy more. I didn't have a backpack (my biggest mistake) so I had to hold it--about ten minutes after buying a cold liter of water, I had a piping hot liter of water.

My glasses don't really give me very much trouble. Sometimes when I go from A/C to STL-Land natural...but for the most part I'm fog-free.

I really want to do it again.