Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Happy 10,000

I have good news (for once). Today, at 7:26 PM, I crossed the dreaded 10,000 word mark on my new novel. It's only the first 40 pages, no real reason to celebrate, but I've only accomplished this feat twice before...so yeah, I'm real excited. I started working on this thing LAST WEEK, when I suddenly aquired some free time. Since I only have one class tomorrow, as soon as I got out of class today (my last class didn't meet) I printed out what I had and started editing. Usually I find my enthusiasm dies once I re-read what it is I've written, but so far...so good. I've really been pouring myself into this and I think that this might (might) finally be something I'm able to finish!

I get excited by these things, and usually abandon them because I get so busy doing something else. So, to everyone and anyone who reads this...if something should ever happen to me--I have a request...FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND RIGHT IN THIS WORLD...PLEASE FINISH ONE OF THESE DAMN MANUSCRIPTS FOR ME! I WILL NEVER "REST IN PEACE" UNTIL I HAVE A COMPLETED NOVEL. I DON'T EVEN CARE IF IT NEVER GETS PUBLISHED. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO DO ANY WORK...JUST TYPE "THE END" ON THE LAST PAGE I WAS WORKING ON.

Thanks!

No comments: