Sunday, April 16, 2006

Missing records, long novellas, AS, and stayin' up all night

Okay, so I'm back in St. Louis. Boy did I step into it...shit that is. I have a "short" novella to read (Oronooko). That's kinda a stupid thing to say, isn't it? A short novella. A novella is a short novel, but a long story. So a short novella is really just a short story. This thing is a novella (about 70 pages). It's a tideous, Reformation era slave story. I wish this was the worst of my problems, but see, it's not.

Adult Swim is really starting to piss me off. I wrote Cartoon Network over the weekend because on Monday at 12AM they're going to start showing that old '80s show "Saved by the Bell" (which besides sucking the big one, IS NOT A CARTOON). Everyone on the net is buzzing (ie. pissed off) about this development. I think, deep down, that this is all just a sick joke. No way are they going to show that shit. No way could they be so uncool.

Okay, so I'm also upsest because I've missplaced 1/2 of one of the greatest records ever. The Beatles "White Album." My parents evil house has eaten it. I'm not too upset, because I still have in on vinyl...but how long before that copy is gone too? I have so much reading to do...it's not even funny.

I also have a shit load of work to do this week. Spanish, papers to write, more reading. I'm sad that I'm going to be done with this year...but at the same time...part of me can't wait to be done with this so I can sit back and sleep on the job again in KC.

Here's hoping.

No comments: