Sunday, September 23, 2007

"Alms for the Poor"

Today, after I finished writing my rough draft for my English paper (due this week) the power went out in our apartment. It was still daylight, though dusk was approaching. I called the power company, and the recording they had said our power would "be back on by 5AM tomorrow" (it came back on at 8:30). So, instead of watching The Simpsons and (the new STAR WARS themed) Family Guy...I sat alone with Rusty and wrote a short little story (in a little red notebook).

It's called "Alms for the Poor."

I find that the poorer I get, the more I sympathize with those in extreme poverty.

I think the GOP should all go spend a week homeless. Hell, let the Dems join 'em (they can camp out together, like one of those leadership retreats). Might help.

No comments: