Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Finish(ing) the Fight...

So last night I went with Leah to Blockbuster, and at 12:00AM bought HALO 3 the second it came out. I stayed up till 1:30AM playing it...it's really good. I want to say it's amazing, but frankly the single player is so far just "okay." The multi-player looks FANTASTIC...only problem is--I don't know anyone that plays HALO anymore. Leah tries to get into it, but all she wants to do is co-op (play nice) when I want to death-match (play mean).

The weapons and other toys are fun, and the graphics are some of the best I've ever seen (on any platform). Playing HALO takes me back to my Junior College days...workin' at the bookstore...fraggin' people on XBOX Live. Ah, memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, the problem I've always had with first person shooter games is that nothing ever "feels" right to my infantry sensibilities. Your peripheral vision in reality is far different from what you experience on a flat screen (no matter how high the pixel def is) and thus you react differently than you would if it were a Real Training Exercise (I've never been in a furball full on actual firefight as I was with the artillery during the Gulf War).

The Halo series interests me as an SF fan/writer mainly because it seems to take the best of Starship Troopers and make it accessible to today's generation. Too bad Hollywood did such a horrible job with the film.

Respects,
Murph
Northtown, Missouri

Jason said...

Video games are getting more and more realistic...but you're right. I have no illusions--but I do know some people that think they are good drivers or whatever because they are good at certain games.

I knew a guy in HS who conned his mom into buying him Grand Turismo (a driving game) because it would "teach him how to parallel park."


Uh...yeah...