Sunday, September 09, 2007

Being Recognized in Public

A really strange/surreal thing happened to me today. See, I hung out with my friend David (Davu) today. That wasn't the strange part...bear with me, I'll get there. Anyway he came over and saw the new apartment (making him the first of our friends to do so). We played Guitar Hero, which was great because I needed the practice. We talked, and then we went down to the Delmar Loop.

Now here is where things start to get strange.

Leah was at work while all this was going on, and felt a little left out. So after I picked her up (and spent over an hour battling traffic), I decided to take her to the Loop to pick up our dinner...

I was too tired to cook, so sue me.

Anyway, the weirdest thing happened when we got down there. Leah decided to stop at St. Louis Bubble Tea and buy some (delicious) bubble tea. So we went in, placed our order and waited for the guy behind the counter to make it. Here is where it got weird folks...as he's making our order, the guy looks right at me and says:

"Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?"

At this point, I started to panic a bit inside. You see, I used to drink a lot, and well...you never know where the hell this sort of thing is going to go...

"Uh...?"

"Yeah, haven't I seen you on YouTube?"

The guy apparently GOOGLED "Bubble Tea" and a (really old) video me and Leah shot in the parking lot popped up. Apparently him and his brother had seen this video. NOW, how weird is that? Not only did this guy see my video, but we ran into each other in the "real" world. It was really awkward...and truth be told, I just wanted to run right out of there. But we had to WAIT a really long time for our order to get made. I've kinda slacked off on the video blogs, and I'm starting to think that might be a GOOD thing.

Because you never know who's watching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a cyber-celebrity!

Jason said...

Yeah, I guess I am...it feels weird. I'm glad I'm not famous...I don't think I could handle 1,000 encounters like that a day!