Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Cards game, Free CD (with a test drive), and my usual blahs

Last night I went to my very first Cardinals game. It was also the first time I've ever been to a MLB game NOT at Kaufman Stadium. It was weird being at a game where people were actually rooting for the home team. I'm not a big sports person, but I do like watching baseball. Usually I don't watch the regular season, instead waiting for the World Series. The Cards have been sucking it up this season, but last night we actually beat Texas (the seventh inning was very, very exciting). Leah's family went with us, it was nice.

Then today I was kicked out of the apartment early (for me) at 9:00. Leah had a woman come over with a bunch of wedding dresses. I don't she found one, but she did manage to break both the light fixture in the bedroom AND our vacuum cleaner! Anyway, I went to Bread Company and did my homework (with a bagel and cup of coffee). I came back when I was allowed and started working on a paper for my American Fiction class. It took me longer than it should have, though because I couldn't find the quotes I wanted to use (I need to start highlighting my book as I read along). Anyway, the rough draft is done, and I'm going to wait until tomorrow to finish it up.

Before leaving the Loop this morning I saw these people from Scion hanging out in front of Vintage Vinyl (my favorite record store). Intrigued, I investigated...to my shock, I was told that if I took a test drive I got a $15 gift card to the store! So, naturally, I took a spin (not a bad little car, though it's exterior styling left much to be desired). Getting my gift card, I promptly went inside and bought a new CD (spending 5 cents on tax). What a lucky bastard I am.

I'm feeling quite "blah." This weekend has kinda sucked. I don't always get along with Leah's sisters and one (her favorite) is in town. I've kinda been on my own this weekend...and I'm feeling like I'm wasting my life a bit. Reading my friend Murphy's blog, I realized that I too am a "putterer." I spend lots of time not really engaged in anything productive. I'm dreading post-graduation. Also, Friday was me and Leah's 2 year anniversary and I wasn't able to do very much for her. I felt bad about that.

Speaking of which...can you believe in LESS THAN A YEAR I'm going to be married?! That also gives me the heebie-jeebies. God bless her, Leah just called me and she got in minor car accident...what am I going to do? I'm rambling, so I'm going to stop

1 comment:

Lrgblueeyes said...

Just for the record, The women hit me and I have a witness to prove it.