Wednesday, January 31, 2007

8

For whatever reason, whenever I try and exaggerate a number...I nearly always come up with eight. Example, yesterday as Leah pointed out, in my blog about beating Resident Evil 4 I claimed that she beat it "eight years ago." Now, this game came out in 2003/2004...so clearly she didn't beat it eight years ago. Why do I do this? I've often claimed (when people like Leah point it out to me) that I think "eight is a pretty big number." But it's not, not by a long shot. I know lots of numbers bigger. I think it must have something to do with the multiplication tables. I'm pretty fuzzy on those, but I know that the eight's where a set I never really learned (my knowledge of the eights are comprised of my knowledge of the other sets...containing eight--does that make sense?).

Anyway, in honor of my fist college in math test (in like eight years) here is the factorial of eight:

8!=8x7x6x5x4x3x2x1=40320

Wow.

Mabye the number 8 has some other significance for me...maybe that's the day I'm going to die or something (or maybe that's how many kids I'm going to have? How'd ya like that Leah?).

1 comment:

Lrgblueeyes said...

aggggghhhhh