Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Return to the Scene of the Crime

So yesterday me and Leah went back to KC. I drove. The drive was long and boring. We got home and everyone was home...we were nervous. Long story short everything was fine. My dad said like two words to me. This morning I woke up early and made blue pancakes and biscuits and gravy for breakfast. The blue pancakes were for my little sister. I always add a strange food coloring when I'm making pancakes for her. I also add a little vanilla or almond extract to make them taste just a little different.

I was happy to hear that my little sis made my mom finish reading JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH. She told me that they'd gone out and rented the movie and it was good. I felt really crappy when she asked me to watch it with her and I said "no." But she had basketball practice and we had to come back to St. Louis today. Of all the regrets I have, the ones that hurt the worst involve not being there for that kid.

Me, my sister Amber, and Leah went back to Longview lake to search for the missing phone. We tried calling it, but the battery was dead. After about two hours of searching (and horsing around) we gave up and had lunch with my mom near her work in Greenwood (a nice Italian place I don't remember the name of). After that it was back to my parents house to get Rusty and our things...then we were gone. I drove back (because we took Leah's car and it sucks...there is no cruise control so long trips tire you out more...plus she did enough just coming back with me...so I wouldn't have to go alone).

I shaved after breakfast. All of it. I've been wanting to do it for a while now, but my razor's battery died earlier in the break. Stupidly, I left the charger in my dorm (which I can't get into until Sunday morning at 8AM). So I borrowed my Dad's. I needed the shave so I can (hopefully) find work. Tomorrow I'm going to UMSL to buy books and my parking sticker. Then I plan on starting the job hunt. Apparently there's going to be a winter storm of some intensity this weekend. I hope it's nothing too bad. Anyway, that's about it--that's the story of my past 2 days.

Things I saw on TV I liked: MY BOYS on TBS. Jimu, this looks like something you'd like...really sweet and funny.

Things I keep saying (and Leah too) that I need to quit saying: "To be honest with you..." and "The thing is..." horrible, lazy ways of starting sentences. Sometimes we even double then up on top of each other "To be honest with you, the thing is..." Yikes, when the hell did that happen?

No comments: