Friday, January 12, 2007

Even thought it's over a year away...

I'm about to go leave and get fitted for my tux (wedding stuff). Apparently I have to get fitted to qualify for some sort of special deal. Which means once it's closer to the wedding I'll have to be fitted again. Ugh. Then tomorrow we're going to go and listen to some presentation on china so we can "win" a trip to the Caribbean or some place. Ugh.

It's supposed to do something weather-wise this weekend. Snow, rain, sleet, ice? Who knows. Sunday will be a mess. How do I know? Because that's the day I'm moving back into my dorms (of course). I bought my text books yesterday, only spent $300. I saved $100 using Paperbackswap.com (plug). Not too shabby. It was weird being back at DUMSL after the month off. Most of the stuff was still closed (like the Nosh) and there wasn't very many people. It was a ghost school.

JOB HUNT UPDATE: Applied online at Best Buy and for some kind of office assistant job at the school. I'm going to wait until I get moved in before looking anymore (I want to actually have a phone...instead of giving people Leah's). The way I set my classes up is really good though. Basically, I can't work 2 days a week (Monday and Wednesday). I have one class early (like 9AM) on Tuesday and Thursday...so I have the afternoon/evenings on those days and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are totally open. I've gotten jobs with weirder/worse schedules.

I was all excited about PAN'S LABYRINTH opening up...then I went to the film's website and discovered I was wrong...it's NEXT Friday that it opens. Oh well. Looks really good. Speaking of movies, I brought a bunch of DVD's with me from home. There's one I want Jimu to watch because it's a geeky romantic comedy (me and Jimu...we like-a da' romantic comedy). I heard he slept in a hostel in Texas and kept everyone awake with his snoring. Ouch. I remember the night he stayed over in my dorm (Leah was there too...don't freak out). It was like sleeping with ban saw/grizzly bear in the room. Poor fucker. I need to talk to him, to see how the rest of his trip went.

Oh, and I need to do a video blog today...geez...I almost forgot! Expect to see that later today.

No comments: