Friday, April 13, 2007

The Competitive Nature of Men

Well I didn't win the Wednesday Club contest (again). Looks like I'll have one more crack at it next year...then I guess I'm going to have to give up.

Why is it that boys are so competitive?

Example:

Earlier this week my "friend" Sam was in the lunch room yucking it up about how I was playing Guitar Hero II on easy mode (he stared out on Hard). I got kinda piss off about this. For one thing, I had never played the game prior to buying it...so I sucked. Buy by the time he made this comment, I was already done with the Easy mode and was working on Medium.

Well, for two days I couldn't touch the thing. I felt like crap. Then I picked it up and me and Leah had a little competition of our own (who could get the best score on certain songs). This got me playing again. Today I played the hell out of it...and BEAT it on Medium (no easy task). After I kicked "Free Bird" in the ass, I went back and played the few songs I had left.

Why am I like this? Why will spend hours working on beating Leah's high score? Why do the games we play get deadly serious if I feel my manhood is threatened? I have no idea. The world is a competitive place...so I guess it's good I can compete (some can't). I've never taken anything "too far" (i.e. I've never punched anyone out...though I did throw a PS2 controller pretty far (thanks a lot GOD OF WAR 2).

Anyway, here is my video blog for this week:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guitar Hero=manly sport

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for coming through Quit Your Day Job. This post makes me want to buy Guitar Hero.