Friday, April 06, 2007

Guitar Hero Video Blog


Last night sucked. It started out cool enough, I got a call from my Mom saying my Federal Tax Refund was at the house...for more than I was expecting ($700+). To celebrate, I went out to Best Buy and picked up GUITAR HERO II for my XBOX 360. Came home, plugged it in...and it wouldn't play!!! I need to update my system. Well, that sucked because I can't do that here (my dorm Internet connection only allows one computer to use it...my laptop). SO, with about 1/2 an hour before my movie TEARS OF THE BLACK TIGER was supposed to start, me and Sam (a guy from the dorms) decided to leave. Then we heard about a "protest" over at another residence hall (against the new, lame, security measures). So we went to check that out and it made us late. We got to the Tivoli 2 minutes into the movie. But I didn't have enough money for a meter...so we missed the movie (by the time we could have found free parking and walked to the theatre we would have missed the first 15-20 minutes and I just don't do that). So, we back to the halls and made fun of the "protesters" (who were lame...I kept trying to rile them up into a riot, but they were just a bunch of bitchy co-eds...no fight in 'em). So I missed the movie (Josh if you read this...and you went...I'm sorry we didn't make it, and I hope the movie was good).

With no bloodshed in sight, I went over to Leah's (in the hopes of getting my 360 online to update it). But that was turned out to be a big pain, her Internet tower thingy is up in her mom's room...and my 360 isn't wireless out of the box (yes, the Wii is better Leah). So I had to wait till this morning. It sucked, we had to "borrow" her mom's small-ish TV and carry it into her study...then dig through her piles of crap (her mom's a lawyer so there was a shite load of paper). In the end, I got it updated and we've been playing Guitar Hero all day!! It rules. I bought a Ibenez acoustic guitar back in Junior College, and I took a few lessons...but I was too busy (read: lazy) to learn how. BUT this game lets me live out my poser fantasy of being a rock God. I nearly shit myself when I unlocked the Stones "Can't You Hear Me Knocking." Damn good fun. If you're too poor to buy it, go to an electronics store and take the demo for a test drive...too much fun.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I think I may just stop by for some acts of guitar heroism.

Jason said...

Yeah it rocks, I beat it earlier today on "easy" now I'm on the "medium" setting. It rocks, before schools out I should have a party here in the dorms...mabye have Leah's Wii there...

Anonymous said...

that's alright, man. i showed up to the movie a little late and didn't even realize that you weren't there until it was over. it's a really pretty movie. i don't know if the colors will be as effective on a dvd as they were on the big screen, but it will still be worth renting. i also saw grindhouse on friday. god, i loved it!. my favorite trailor was "thanksgiving."

Jason said...

Damn! I bet you're right about the colors, too. It looked like it would be fantastic. Anyway, sorry we didn't make it...but at least you got to see a good movie.

I agree, of all the fake trailers, THANKSGIVING was the best. I still can't believe that movie didn't do more buisness...oh well.