Friday, April 20, 2007

Movie(S) Night

Tonight was an interesting night. It started around 4:30 this afternoon after I completed my first two songs on the "Hard" setting on Guitar Hero. This is of little interest I understand, but very important to me. Anyway, I took Leah home where the used Wolfmother CD was waiting for us (God bless Amazon.com). In case you don't know, Wolfmother is this great new rock band...this album is the second CD Guitar Hero has forced me to purchase (I bought Dick Dale's Greatest Hits last night with my Easter Present--a Borders Gift card...thanks mom). We started rocking out to "Woman" (which is an awesome track) when Leah's phone rang (actually I think it was on the second or third listen when her phone rang...or maybe her phone rang BEFORE we got to her house...I'll be honest, it's 12:00 in the morning and I don't remember my order of events so well). Long story short, her best friend (that's not me) Becky called. Becky is moving to the other side of the state, to my old home (Kansas City) because of a job transfer. SO, tonight was the last night she could really hang out with us (for a while). Me and Leah had plans (Leah forgot that she told Becky she would hang out with her, or something) but we changed them because we like Becky and will miss her.

Me and Leah had to get dinner first, though. We played the usual tug-of-war (with me just saying over and over "Pick something! Anything!" and Leah saying "I don't know!" like there's a wrong answer). We ended up at some Italian place, yuk. But on the plus side--it was one of those places where they let you color on the table! Me and Leah did some coloring, here are some of her pictures (I didn't save any of mine, because they sucked):





Then we went and killed some time at another Borders. I decided not to spend my remaining $12.32 because if I had we wouldn't have an excuse to visit Borders again at a later date (see! I'm always thinking). Then we met up with Becky and her friends (a girl named...??? shit, I always forget her name...anyway her friend Farmer was there....Jimu, we tried to call you but yer line was busy). We all piled into the AMC and saw BLADES OF GLORY. Which, by the way, was goofy as hell...but despite the slow-ish start...was actually pretty funny. I liked it enough. The trailers were all for Big Budget Sequels coming this summer (Pirates, Spidey, Ocean13, Shrek). God is Hollywood out of ideas. Then, using Jason-magic, I convinced the girls to stick around and see the AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE movie.

In case you don't know, ATHF is a TV show on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. It's about a box of fries, a ball of meat, and a shake. The show runs about 15 minutes and is hilarious because the show is about NOTHING! They do very little, the animation is crude, and the humor is weird. Translated to the big screen...meh, not so much funny. I didn't HATE it or anything, it was alright...but it was 1 hour and 27 minutes exactly--but it felt too long. There were laughs (go see it just for the part at the beginning, they have a song about not talking during the movie...it's brilliant) but they were few and far between. Still, it was faithful to the show in every way: the animation was cheap, the laughs were there, the plot was crazy, and the rest was so strange I can't believe it was made my human beings (it was, right?). David I know you want to see it, but unless you are BIG fan of the show...just wait for it to come out on DVD. Us poor folk need to save our money. For more important things, like SPIDERMAN 3. That movie looks sweet (and by sweet, I mean I'm sad to say that I have a subscription to Ultimate Spiderman and the movie looks about as good as a comic book movie could be). I throw that in there only because I'm tired of "living in the closet." I'm a (nearly) grown man and I read (some) comic books. Am I going to put that on a job application? Hell no. But here I will admit it. I'm not better than any of you, I'm just another slob/nerd who haunts the net. Boo!

We got back to my place, and once again I had to send Leah home. We tried to play the whole "let's try and sneak in" game...but alas, someone was watching and we were both too tired to do a very good job sneaking. Plus everyone and their mother was up (go figure) so we probably wouldn't have been able to pull it off. I hate that. The dorms here used to be cool, but now they suck. I used to complain, but I have three weeks to deal with it. And after what went down in Virginia earlier this week...something tells me this place needs to get HARDER to break into not easier. So who am I to complain? Speaking of which, I haven't really written much about the school shooting. As a college student (who lives at a campus) it really freaked me out. I think tomorrow/later today when I do my video blog I might just talk about that. But I can't really write much about it. The world just gets scarier and scarier and I'm getting to the point where I don't know if it's "going to be/all right." I want to believe it is, but damn if some people out there don't make it real hard for me.

It's really late...I'm tired...

See how tired I look?


Oh, there is one other thing. I told Leah to put on some "sensible" shoes tonight, because she was wearing these God Awful clodhoppers...with fat heels that made her feet hurt. These are what she put on:

Yes, those are zebra striped shoes. I think it's funny, because she's both proud and embarrassed by them. Have you heard the story behind the shoes? God told her to buy these shoes. Really. They were:

1. On Sale

2. Had her favorite pattern on them

and most importantly

3. They had one pair left and they were her size!

So scratch that mystery off your list, folks. There is a creator after all. Thanks Leah, oh and by the way..."cute shoes!"

3 comments:

Dave said...

I'm starting to think you're just going to have to come and get it. :(

Dave said...

Oh, and the squirrel would've been way cooler as a cyclops. Still pretty cool, though.

Jason said...

Yeah, maybe you're right on both counts. It's cool though, I lime my squirrels to have both of their eyes...

And yeah, I probably will have to just come over to get it, but if I didn't you probably wouldn't see me again until August or September.