Sunday, April 01, 2007

I'm Going to Quit this Blog

...April Fool's!!!

Yeah, I'm sick of if too. This morning I woke up and downloaded the Rock and Roll Geek Indie Cast (it's a Podcast I've been listening to for about 2 years now)...anyway, they tried to fool everyone into thinking the host (Mike Butler, a really cool guy) had been fired.

I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Leah calmed me down and reminded me that it was April 1 and that it was probably just a joke (it was). I remember when I was a kid, all that April 1 meant was that the kids on the playground would say really outrageous, really un-true things (as a joke). Today, with the internet, it seems that every year the jokes are becoming more and more elaborate (some that I read about being planned all year). This might be going a bit too far. Some of these things are funny, but others are just wrong.

The best one I read was that the government had decided to ban/confiscate all copies of the 1982 Disney movie TRON because it was a "security risk" (some scenes were filmed in a old nuclear power plant (???)). LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So next year, before you get crazy and stir everyone up--think to yourself "is this going to make people kill themselves?" You can laugh, but I can't help but think of Orson Welles and his radio show...WOW anyone?

No comments: