Sunday, May 20, 2007

Big, Metal, Weird...

Just got back from St. Louis, I'm really glad that I got a chance to go and see Leah one last time. We had a pretty good time, yesterday we had dinner with her father...and went to this really cool statue park (Laumeier Park over by Highway "Farty-Four"). I usually don't go for "modern art," but this place was really cool:


That metal egg was really, really HOT!!




Biggest...basket...EVER!







This was supposed to be some kind of metal tree...


This one is a life-size mock up of a sugar molecule


This kitty was a bench!








I think this statue of Leah is the most realistic thing we saw...




If you're ever in the area, you should go and check it out.

Also, thanks Becky for letting me bum a ride with you!! It was great being home again (even if it was just for the weekend).

5 comments:

Dave said...

Smaller, also metal, useful for camping:

http://www.mileskimball.com/MilesKimball/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Outdoor&SCID=Picnic%2c+++Patio+%26+++++++BBQ&ProductID=84274&SiteNum=0

Jason said...

Yes!!! That's exactly what we needed! Damn, if only we'd had that...then again, Rusty wouldn't have gotten to eat all my "dropped dogs," and I think that was a highlight for him.

Jason said...

By the way, I really wasn't trying to be that scary in that last pic...just mildly creepy...something happened though, I look like a child molestor or something...damn...

Dave said...

I was thinking "Damn... I just saw him saturday... when'd he catch Down Syndrome?"

Jason said...

HA-ha! I'm going to make that face again for the wedding photos

(just kidding Leah)

But I do take really bad photos (even when I'm NOT trying to look stupid). I need a "smile coach."