Thursday, May 17, 2007

Summer Job

Yesterday was a low point for me. I was depressed about a bunch of stuff--most of it was related to money (or my lack of it). My old employer was giving me the run-around, I got my first "You-owe-us-money/We're-reporting-you-to-the-credit-people" letters, I was bored out of my mind.

Today I got up, took a shower and went downtown. I camped outside the HR guy's office FOR 40 MINUTES...and long story short, I got my job back (like they wouldn't take me back). He fed me some line about having tried to call me back (liar). It took him 2 seconds to start the "bringing me back to life" process. Today I peed in a cup (at the most dubious looking building I have ever been to...I've done this three times now...and every time I'm amazed at how scummy this building looks). Tomorrow I'm getting my Police Commissioner's license renewed (yay). I have no idea where they will send me (I've been to nearly EVERY post in the Downtown accounts)...but I'm sure I will love* it.




*by "love" I mean "hate" (but it's only two months).



In other news, I'm going back to St. Louis this weekend with Leah's friend Becky! I'm going to get to visit Leah one last time before I put my nose to the proverbial grindstone.

So, in general, I'm a much happier person today! There was one (slightly major) bad thing that happened to me today. My Guitar Hero II save files became corrupt and I had to delete them (not your Leah, calm down...just mine). So my uber awesome Career Score is gone!! I started over and am about 1/2 through the game (starting on HARD this time). It bums me out because last night I bought the last guitar! Anyway, the job/money thing makes up for my loss (just barely).

5 comments:

Lrgblueeyes said...

your career score was the bomb!!!

Jason said...

Ugh...please don't remind me.

I'm really nervous about my 360, first it was freezing up...now this. I remember the good old days when I was a kid. I used to throw my NES games like they were frisbees. Never had a problem.

Now I baby my system, and all they do is crash. After my first XBOX broke I swore off Micosoft...damn you HALO...damn you!

When XBOX 3 (or whatever) comes out, remind me of how unreliable the Mircosoft gaming systems are.

Anonymous said...

Do you know what would be weird? If YOU were assigned to the job Murph has just resigned!

Anonymous said...

Terri, the moment they find him writing down there, they'll throw him out on patrol.

Don't let them catch you, dude. Resist! Fight to POWER! :)

Respects,
Murph
Trapped in the Show Me State where he says, "Show Me TEXAS!"

Anonymous said...

Terri, the moment they find him writing down there, they'll throw him out on patrol.

Don't let them catch you, dude. Resist! Fight to POWER! :)

Respects,
Murph
Trapped in the Show Me State where he says, "Show Me TEXAS!"