Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jason's Life Update

So I'm home. And that's where I've been since Sunday. I haven't really gone anywhere or done anything. I took a walk today! That's about it.

I've been trying to get a hold of the Human Resources person at my old job...and have had no luck. I talked to the main secretary and she said he's "in and out of meetings all day." So I left him a message on Monday morning. Then I left one again today. I guess I need to just go down there and sit outside his office until he shows up. Grrr...I've been wanting to avoid this because:

1. It's a long drive to downtown (from the suburbs) and I'd hate to waste my time

and

2. Other than a "Yes, we'll take you back...go get your license renewed" all I need from him is a piece of paper. If he's not there--I'll have wasted a trip for nothing.

So I've been trying to reach him by phone...but Thursday I'm going down there (damn it!). SO, in the meantime I've been taking it easy. I've been listening to a lot of new music (as you can see by all the reviews I've posted). I still need to review the new Arctic Monkeys album...and the new Star Spangles record. Oh, and don't forget the new Jason Falkner. I'll try to space them out a little better.

I'm not sure, but I THINK, I HOPE, that I'm going out to St. Louis this weekend with Leah's friend Becky. She called me up tonight and offered to let me hitch a ride out with her. I'd be a good way to see Leah one last time...hee-hee...

I need to do some writing! I need to do some leisure reading (like I said I would). Maybe tomorrow? I'm sure Mr. Amazing down in H.R. won't be getting back to me anytime soon.

GRADES:

I got my grades today. Last semester was a really good semester for me. Despite Guitar Hero's best efforts, I managed to get 2 A's and 2 B's. Here's how it all came out--

Linguistics~"A"
Modern American Fiction~ "A-"
Contemporary Mathematics~ "B+"
Spanish III~"B-"


That last one shocked me. I know little to ZERO Spanish. I even wrote that on the teacher's evaluation. I said something to the effect of "This class was such a waste of my time, I totally phone it in, and you were stupid enough to give me a passing grade. Ha! Ha! I don't even KNOW what subjunctive is!" or something to the effect.

Anyway, I did pretty good I think (much better than last semester). That really cheered me up today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason, you can have my slot. I just turned in my two weeks notice.

Respects,
Murph
Northtown, Missouri

Jason said...

Ah...the circle of life, "one goes in as one leaves." What post were you at? They usually put me in the Downtown Accounts (managed by the dreaded "Mr. C"). It really is the shittiest company I've ever seen (SEE MY LATEST POST).

Anonymous said...

Jason, you never worked for Guardsmark, though I nailed my blonde supervisor there.

Umm, what am I saying? I'm trying to get a teaching job and I'm handing this stuff out like it is candy. Shit.

That'd be the Commerce Bank Account and you want the 1000 Dock. Just play Really Really Really Stooopid and maybe show up drunk a few times and they should give it to you.

I'm going to write a book someday called "Please Don't Eat that Donut in Public." It'll be about post 09-11 private security.

Or lack of it.

Respects,
S. F. Murphy
Trapped in the Show Me State where he says, "Show Me TEXAS!"