Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Moz Man Cometh



In case you haven't noticed, I've been in a funk since school ended. I'm not calling it a depression, per say...

It's the lack of activity (which should be over tomorrow thank God! after my re-orientation). I'm sure tonight's Morrissey show at the Uptown will cheer me up. After all, no one is more depressed than Moz. He's made millions singing about teenage anxiety and as pop musics #1 outcast. It's been since March since I've been to a show, so I'm excited...but I wish I wasn't going alone. There's two reasons that I must: 1. Leah HATES Morrissey (her loss) and 2. I have no friends (or, the ones I do have either don't go to concerts or have no money/live far away). So I'm flying solo tonight, which I've done before (twice before actually--The Bravery and Franz Ferdinand).

I've been staying up really, really late lately (went to bed the last three nights at 4:00AM)...so I'm a little worried about waking up tomorrow and getting downtown by 9:00AM. Anyway, after tonight I'm going to be a much busier person...and that should make me feel better. Hopefully I'll be able to put a video blog Friday.

UPDATE:


"Everyday is Like Sunday":



Just got back from the show, it was great! I had a little trouble getting to the Uptown (stupid construction) but made it in time. The dudes back catalogue of songs is so huge...he couldn't possibly play ALL the songs I wanted to hear--but I was surprised at how many I was like "Oh wow, he's playing that...I forgot all about that song/I'm glad he's doing that one." Some older Smiths stuff and a bunch of the latest record ('natch). His backing band was fantastic, too...he had a trumpet player! Awesome.

1 comment:

Jason said...

BTW--there were signifcantly FEWER people at the show I went to. I think it's weird that Robbie Williams, Oasis, Morrissey, and Arctic Monkeys aren't as popular in the States as they are in Europe.

How does one's ego handle playing 30,000 people to a meager 1,300 people in the States?