Tuesday, May 29, 2007

First Night at work & My Nasty Obsession with Pop Music

So I'm up...finally. My new, vampire-like work habits really bite (pun intended). I was so sleepy when I got home this morning, I could barely drive. But I made it, and tonight should be better now that I'm SORTA ready for staying up. Yesterday I wasn't ready, not at all. I tried to take a nap a few hours before leaving for work...but when you're not used to napping at 7:00 at night...well, I just laid there in my bed. I eventually got up and called Leah.

Last night was boring. Since nothing really changed at my old post, I knew more than the guy training me (he's been there all of 60 days). He wasn't an idiot (read: he was only 1/2 a moron), he turned out to be a fellow college student (UMKC)...but he and I were not on the same page...Let's just say, this fellow and I got along great because I know how to keep my mouth shut (yes Leah, I do know how to do that).

Apparently I require 16 hours of "training," but I've been told that I may be going solo tonight (please God, let that be the case) because of my 2 years previous experience at this post. The OVERTIME BEGINS!!! I've already signed up for an extra 24 hours for next week. I MUST HAVE MORE!!! MORE!! MORE I SAY!!!

Can you tell I need money?

In other news, I deleted my iTUNES/MP3's yesterday. I have my C-drive partitioned...and the side with all my tunes was so full I couldn't defrag it. The reason I had so much music on my 'puter is that I was living far from my CD's...BUT now that I'm home (and we are reunited) I opted to clean house. So now my laptop is insanely empty. Go figure. I've never counted, but I imagine I have a few hundred CD's...where am I going to stick this in our new apartment I have no idea...

No comments: