Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happy Birthday "Bonzo"

Last year, around this time I posted about John Bonham's birthday. I was out driving around (probably going to or from work) and I was listening to Alice Cooper's radio show, having a good time--when he played "Moby Dick" by Led Zeppelin to celebrate Bonham's birthday. If you've never heard this song (you're lame) it's this really kick ass instrumental...basically metal's version of "Wipeout" (if you don't know "Wipeout" you are sad...sad...sad). On the track, Bonham beats the shit out of his drums...FOR A REALLY LONG TIME!!! According to Wikipedia, Bonham once played his signature tune for 30 MINUTES in concert!!! Sometimes this caused his hands to bleed!!! If that's not Rock, I don't know what is. Incidentally, the song is on the album LED ZEPPELIN II (but I'm sure you already new that).

Anyway, I don't have many rituals/traditions...but I've decided that as long as I have a blog, every May 31 will be "John Bonham Day." So, that said: Happy Birthday John! For more information, turn on a classic rock station once and a while!!! Or Wiki him, you can read all about his sad death there. Or you can check out last year's post: http://thoughtsofalimemonkey.blogspot.com/2006/05/stairway-to-heaven.html



Rock on!

No comments: