Monday, July 16, 2007

Back in the Kitchen

It's been over a month since I did any cooking. I've been so busy (I still am). There are a lot of "hard parts" when it comes to cooking. The hardest though is making something that everyone can agree on. In my house there are two groups: my sisters (who won't eat ANYTHING it seems like) and then everyone else. I made Ratatouille tonight. Looking up the recipe for David inspired me to make it once again. It really is a hearty and more importantly healthy dish. I slaved for an hour chopping, dicing, mincing, and cooking. Then, when my sisters found out what I was making my pop came into the kitchen and fried them some chicken (I refused). These are the same people that LOVE "Hamburger Helper."



"Eww...vegetables!"

Whatever, what do kids know? Anyway, the whole incident is like reason #100,009,874 that I can't wait to get the hell out of here. Leah and Rusty won't complain when I cook for them. I can't wait to go where my culinary talents will be appreciated.



In case you didn’t see it earlier, here is the complete recipe:

Ratatouille~

2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 medium eggplant, pared and in cubes
2 small zucchini, cut into strips
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 8OZ can stewed tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
4 teaspoons Wylers Instant beef bullion (which, if you want to be veg...just leave out and/or replace with vegetable stock)
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon basil leaves
1 teaspoon of oregano

Directions:

In a large saucepan cook garlic and oil until lightly brown. Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover and stir for another 10 minutes or until veggies are tender.

4 comments:

Lrgblueeyes said...

ewww ... onions ...:)

Jason said...

Fine. Me and Rusty will eat the Ratatoullie.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try it myself...husband's favorite food is vegetable soup and that's all this is--with a fancy name of course.

Jason said...

Yeah do it, I'm sure he will love it. My favorite part: tastes good but is easy to make.

Can't beat that.