Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Limemonkey on The Rock and Roll Geek Show (plus a Jason's life update)

Well it's Sunday, my day off!!! I haven't had a day off in two weeks...so despite the fact that I should be out making money, I'm taking a break. I feel pretty good/happy right now. Me and Leah got the apartment in St. Louis, which took a load of worry off my mind. I took care of my loan stuff for the upcoming semester (all by myself). I'm getting a nice fat Pell Grant this year (which makes me happy). And, most importantly, last week I put in my one-month notice at work. I give them a month's notice when I work for them over the summer, because frankly--these people need as much time as they can get finding a replacement. Not to say that I'm some great guy that it takes forever to replace...just that it's a shitty job and they're a shitty company and so it takes a while. Last summer I left and despite a month's notice, they didn't have anyone for my slot. Yeah...oh well, not my problem.

The Limemonkey continues his global domination of all media!!! This weekend I appear on rocker Michael Butler's podcast, The Rock and Roll Geek Show. Butler has a really good (though somewhat off-the-cuff) podcast where he geeks out and talks rock. He plays a lot of really good bands that most people have never heard of (as well as some ones you have). I phoned in a concert review for The Police show I went to two weeks ago. Anyone interested in listening to that can do so in a few different ways:

1. Go to iTUNES search for "Rock and Roll Geek show." It'll be under podcasts, you can either subscribe to the show (which I recommend, it's great) or you can just download the one show (which is the latest one, show number 249).

or for you Luddites out there (for whom iTUNES is a mystery)

2. Go to http://rockandrollgeekwp.podshow.com/ and near the top of the page is the show notes for the show. Look for the green/orange speaker/play button. You can stream the entire episode from his website OR you can download the file directly from him.

The Limemonkey appears about 11 minutes into the show. Check it out...

I had an interesting conversation with my boss a few nights ago (I've been working so much I haven't had time to post about this). Somehow we got to talking and he told me about how he had tried to write a children's book a few years back. It was interesting to talk to someone else who is a wanna-be writer/security guard. I told him he should keep working on it...and felt pretty stupid encouraging him when I've pretty much given up on my own shit. This motivated me to do a little writing (a la Murphy, at work). I mapped out what could me a short story (thank you Terri for pointing out one of my recent posts could be a story "seed"). I'm also thinking that in these last three or so weeks I might smuggle my laptop into work and do some work on "Sea Change."

I regret not doing this earlier in the summer, but my laptop problems and the sheer number of hours I've been working has really limited how much I could do. Anyway, I'll be out in St. Louis in about 2 weeks for ZZ Top, and I'll be moving in about 4 weeks. Until then, I'm busy busy busy.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Congrats on your new-found fame... And again, on your upcoming move.

When's the housewarming party?

Jason said...

Dude, I recorded it at work...at like 3AM. I was so tired!

Housewarming party...uh-huh, not sure about that. The weekend we move in is my last weekend out here working...so I'll be getting in late. That week will be busy, and the weekend after that I'm going back to KC to pick up some stuff and get my last paycheck.

So...? Who knows.

Unknown said...

Hey Man,

Thanks for plugging my show. I really appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Michael Butler

Jason said...

No Mike, thank you for all that you do. I love the show!!!